Article 1 (Personal information)
We define that “personal information” which we collect is as well as “personal information” in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is information that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, or other description, etc., and information that can identify a specific individual by itself, such as appearance (personal identification information).
Article 2 (Handling of Personal Information)
1. We will handle personal information collected from users properly in accordance with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information and this policy.
2. In case of an accident such as the leakage of personal information, we will take appropriate measures in accordance with the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information and this policy.
Article 3 (Methods for collection of personal information)
We may ask users about their personal information such as name and e-mail address when they post content.
Article 4 (Purposes of Collection and Use of Personal Information)
Personal information will be collected and used for the following purposes (1) to (7).
(1) To provide and operate HIP HOPE.
(2) To respond to inquiries from users (including identification)
(3) To send users updated information on HIP HOPE
(4) To contact users if necessary, such as for important notices like they win most popular posting
(6) To allow users to browse, change, or delete their own registered information, and to check their usage status.
(7) Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 5 (Changes to the Purposes of Use)
1. If we judge it necessary to change the purpose of use, we will change the purposes of
use of personal information at any time without notifying users.
2. When we have changed the purposes of use, we shall notify users about the changed
purposes of use by means of prescribed methods or announce it on HIP HOPE.
Article 6 (Provision of Personal Information to A Third Party)
1. We will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of a
user, except the following cases (1) to (4) or when permitted by the Personal Information
Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
(1) When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and we find it difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
(2) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and we find it difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
(3) When it is necessary for us to cooperate with the national, a local government, or an entrusted person executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and it could impede the execution of those affairs by obtaining the consent of the individual.
(4) When the following (1) to (5) have been notified or made public in advance, and, in addition, we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
(1) The purpose of use including provision to a third party
(2) Items of data being provided to a third party
(3) Means or methods of provision to third parties
(4) Stopping the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the individual.
(5) Methods of accepting the request of the individual.
2. In the event that we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information to
another organization or company within the scope necessary in order to achieve the
purpose of use, other organizations or companies will not be considered a third party.
Article 7 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
1. We will disclose personal information to the person without delay when the individual
requests us to do so.
2. We may not disclose all or part of the personal information in the following cases (1) to (3).
(1) In the event that the disclosure of personal information is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights of the individual or a third party.
(2) In the event that the disclosure of personal information is likely to significantly impede the proper execution of our business
(3) In the event that it would violate other laws and regulations.
Article 8 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
1. Users may request us to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.” their personal information in accordance with the established
procedures if the personal information which we have is incorrect.
2. If we receive a request for correction, etc. from users and deem it necessary to
respond to the request, we will make the correction, etc. of the personal information
3. In the event that we make a correction, etc., we will notify the user.
Article 9 (Access logs)
We records access logs in order to administer HIP HOPE, as well as analyze user movement. Access logs include domain names, IP addresses of users, access date and time, types of browsers, etc., but do not include any information that can be used to identify individual users.
Article 10 (Cookies)
Cookies temporarily store information on your computer so you can avoid having to re-enter that information when returning to the site. Also, by using cookies, we aggregates data about how HIP HOPE is used. This data does not contain information that can identify individuals. The statistical data collected through cookies is used to improve the operation of HIP HOPE, etc.
Article 11 (Google Analytics)
HIP HOPE uses Google Analytics to compile usage statistics and to help enhance the contents of HIP HOPE. Personal data that can identify users is not collected. Aggregate data is only used for the above-mentioned purposes.
For the terms of service for Google Analytics, please see the following:
– Google Analytics Terms of Service
Article 12 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
1. we will conduct necessary investigations when users request us to suspend the use or erase their personal information (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use personal information”) , in the event that the information is being used for purposes more than those for which it was intended, or the information is obtained by wrongful means.
2. If we determine that it is necessary to respond to the request based on the results of
the investigation, we will suspend the use of the personal information.
3. We will notify the user when we have suspended the use of personal information.
1. The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to users, except specific
items regarding laws, regulations, or this policy.